Monday, 16 April, 2018
SALES AND SHOWROOM INTERN
Eskayel, the Brooklyn based textile design studio is looking for a creative-minded individual who is passionate about interiors and sustainable design to fill the intern position responsible for assisting with samples and showroom organization. This position is integral to our company and applicants should be team players ready to help in all areas of our small, open plan office. Please note the job is not a design position so we won’t be accepting design portfolios as part of the application process but if hired founder, Shanan Campanaro will be available to review your work. A commitment to protecting the earth and a love of our office pitbull and plants, as well as an enthusiasm to be part of our team are a must! Eskayel strives to nurture the relationships we have with our clients, our team, our community, and the environment as we believe the strength of these relationships is important for the mutual growth and success of everyone.
If you feel like you’d be a good fit for this position send an intro email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please help us stay organized and include subject line: “Sales and showroom intern”
– Assist with sales and other inquiries via email and telephone.
– Assist with organization of the showroom, keeping the space tidy to facilitate ease of client appointments.
– Assist with client appointments.
– Assist in merchandising the showroom, highlighting new products & collections, creating fresh displays, and preparing showroom for client meetings, special exhibitions, and events.
– Assist with sample requests and new trade accounts.
– Assist with sample inventory and replenish stock of samples.
– Assist with office dog, Kaya, as needed
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks or similar financial/backend management software a big plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite and basic IT a plus but not necessary.
- Familiarity with the interior design/ home furnishings industry a plus but not required.
- Clear and amiable written and verbal communication style.
- Comfortable in socially interactive environments and multitasking.