Grasscloth installation guide
Eskayel highly recommends consultation with a professional paperhanger prior to installation.
These instructions are for our GRASSCLOTH wallpaper only.
* Please note, this product is handmade and woven with natural fibers that give the finished product a certain unevenness.
- Remove all old wallpaper and repair damaged areas. All walls must be smooth, clean, and free of mildew and grease stains. If necessary apply a stain killing primer. Be sure to wash newly plastered walls with a zinc sulfate solution. Follow up with primer sealer such as Roman’s Ultra Premium Pro 977. On all drywall we recommend using a pigmented wallcovering primer/sealer such as Shields Primer/Sealer.
TRIM AND HANG
- Draw a vertical line from ceiling to floor by using a plumb line or straight edge with level. This will be your guide for positioning one edge
of the first strip. Cut the strip to the height of the wall, allowing an extra 2″ on each end for trimming.
- Do not use tape on imaged surface.
- table trim the selvage at the trim marks.
- Apply adhesive evenly to the back of the strip, being careful not to get adhesive on the face of the material. Paste only one strip at a
time. We recommend a cellulose paste or a premixed clear adhesive such as Roman’s Ultra Premium Clear Pro 88O for best results.
- Book by folding each end of the strip toward the middle, pasted sides together, aligning the edges carefully so they do not dry out. Roll
the folded strip as you would a loose newspaper, again being careful to keep the edges aligned. Let folded, rolled strip to “rest” for 3 min.
- Bring to the wall and hang, Carefully smooth all air pockets, wrinkles or excess paste from the center of the strip to the edges. Trim excess at floor and ceiling using a sharp utility knife.
- Repeat this procedure with the next strip, sliding it into position with the edge butted up against the preceding strip. Do not overlap seams.
- Do not use seam roller as this can discolor the surface.
- Do noy allow material to become too wet (because of how the woven material adheres to the backing paper, prolonged soaking can soften the adhesive and cause the grass to separate from the back paper.)
- Do not allow adhesive or water on the wallcovering surface as it will cause staining or discoloration to the product.
- THIS IS NOT A WASHABLE WALLCOVERING. USE VACUUM ONLY TO CLEAN SURFACE.