Eskayel, the Brooklyn based textile design studio is looking for a creative-minded individual who is passionate about interiors and sustainable design to fill the full-time, entry level position responsible for assisting with sales, customer service, production, samples and showroom organization. This position is integral to our company and applicants should be team players looking for a long term commitment and ready to help in all areas of our small, open plan office. Please note the job is not a design position so we won’t be accepting design portfolios as part of the application process. A commitment to protecting the earth and a love of our office pitbull and plants, as well as an enthusiasm to be part of our team are a must! Eskayel strives to nurture the relationships we have with our clients, our team, our community, and the environment as we believe the strength of these relationships is important for the mutual growth and success of everyone.
If you feel like you’d be a good fit for this position send an intro email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please help us stay organized and include subject line: “Sales and showroom assistant”
– Field sales and other inquiries via email and telephone.
– Create estimates, prepare invoices, and help quote quantities of wallpaper, fabric, rugs, and accessories.
– Process orders and put them into production.
– Maintain production schedule and manage manufacturers and lead times.
– Update clients on production and delivery status when requested.
– Maintain organization of the showroom, keeping the space tidy to facilitate ease of client appointments.
– Assist with client appointments.
– Build & maintain relationships with trade clients.
– Maintain a follow up schedule with all new clients and recent inquiries.
– Assist in merchandising the showroom, highlighting new products & collections, creating fresh displays, and preparing showroom for client meetings, special exhibitions, and events.
– Work closely with the design department to maintain a solid understanding of the scope of possibility for customization for all products.
– Handle all sample requests and new trade accounts.
– Maintain sample inventory and replenish stock of samples.
– Maintain product and sample loan lists and inventories.
– Full participation in Eskayel trade show activities, design events, etc. Working the booth is a must, production of events, etc.
– Maintain knowledge of upcoming product releases so as to keep clients informed of whats coming next.
– Assist with office dog, Kaya, as needed.
– Assist the COO, on various administrative, sales-related, and business development tasks.
– Shipping and messengering of samples and press requests.
– Ordering shipping and other office supplies.
Key Day-to-Day Tasks:
- Promptly reply to all email and phone inquiries consistently throughout the day.
- Assist in all sales and customer service responsibilities.
- Maintain a schedule to follow-up with new and existing clients.
- Manage and maintain the showroom appointment schedule.
- Daily review and execution of showroom organization.
- Daily review of sample inventory and sample orders.
- Close communication with entire team.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Email a must.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks or similar financial/backend management software a big plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite and basic IT a plus but not necessary.
- Familiarity with the interior design/ home furnishings industry a plus but not required.
- Clear and amiable written and verbal communication style.
- Comfortable in socially interactive environments and multitasking.