ADDED TO CART
Eskayel, the Brooklyn based textile design studio is looking for a creative-minded individual who is passionate about interiors and appreciates the power of elevated surroundings to fill the full-time position responsible for Sales, Production, & Merchandising. This position is integral to our company and applicants should be team players ready to help in all areas of our small, open plan office. Please note the job is not a design position so we won’t be accepting design portfolios as part of the application process. A commitment to protecting the earth and a love of our office pitbull and plants are a must! Eskayel strives to nurture the relationships we have with our clients, our team, our community, and the environment as we believe the strength of these relationships is important for the mutual growth and success of everyone. Eskayel offers competitive pay, paid vacation, and many more benefits.
If you feel like you’d be a good fit for this position send an intro email with resume to email@example.com. Please help us stay organized and include subject line: “Sales, Production, & Merchandising”
• Field sales inquiries via email and telephone phone, create estimates, prepare invoices, process payments, handle appointments, build & maintain relationships with trade clients.
• Manage order production, create and submit purchase orders, maintain a shipping and delivery schedule.
• Communicate with vendors, coordinate production schedule, and maintain relationships to facilitate timely deliveries, special projects, and product development.
• Update clients on production and delivery status when requested.
• Merchandising the showroom, highlighting new products & collections, creating fresh displays and preparing showroom for client meetings, special exhibitions, and events.
• Maintain organization of the showroom, keeping the space tidy to facilitate ease of client appointments.
• Communicate with sample manager to ensure rug loan list, sample inventory, and in-stock products are up to date so samples ship in a timely manner as requested.
• Full participation in Eskayel Trade show activities, design events, etc. Working the booth is a must, assist in booth design, production of events, etc.
• Work closely with the design department to maintain a solid understanding of the scope of possibility for customization for all products.
• Provide input, feedback, and marketing ideas to team based on interactions with clientele, and industry peers.
• Assist with office dog, Kaya, as needed.
• Assist the COO, on various administrative, sales-related, and business development tasks.
Key Day-to-Day Tasks:
• Promptly reply to all email and phone inquiries consistently throughout the day.
• Perform all sales and production related responsibilities.
• Maintain a schedule to follow-up with new and existing clients.
• Manage and maintain the showroom appointment schedule.
• Daily review and execution of showroom organization,
• Bi- weekly review of production schedule, closing out orders as needed
• Close communication with Sample Manager.
• High level of organization and attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Email a must.
• Familiarity with Quickbooks or similar financial/backend management software a big plus.
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite and basic IT a plus but not necessary.
• Familiarity with the interior design/ home furnishings industry a plus but not required.
• Clear and amiable written and verbal communication style.
• Comfortable in socially interactive environments and multitasking.